1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It’ll be back to odd years like it was before 9/11. And change the Presidents Cup (not that many care).

Just let me know when the one set for Bethpage Black (right now 2024) will be played. That’s the home-soil crowd I want to see.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ryder Cup without fans is pointless. It's an exhibition. The whole event is about fans. This is the right move.

5. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Like a lot of things, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it were played without fans. The RC has, IMHO, gone too far and become too us-vs.-them, too nationalistic, instead of a golf competition involving civil participants. I have no desire to go to the first tee on Friday morning and hang out with so many inebriated folks.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I'm surprised I haven't seen or heard any PED rumors or skepticism about DeChambeau. Impossible to gain that much muscle in only a few months without chemical assistance. Impossible.

We all watched Bonds, McGwire etc. balloon up like cartoon characters, then said we should have known all along but now we see how ridiculous the naysayers were. Well its here again and nobody is saying anything - again. When the next Victor Conte or Michele Ferrari surfaces and DeChambeau is exposed there will be outrage about it and revisionists will be blathering how they knew all along.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Are we sure it's muscle and not just fat?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s golf, you have people like @hondo who think the testing is full proof.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

How can the Tour test for PEDs while being soooo busy testing for the Covid and keeping everyone safe? Hey Nick Watney, just hang on the range while you're sick and we're waiting for this test to come back ...

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for the mainstream golf media to dig into this, even though DeChambeau's neck looks like it's about a foot in diameter. Instead we'll keep getting stories about ball go too far, courses rendered obsolete, "Bryson's the mad scientist of golf!" zzzzzzz.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Koepka and Graeme McDowell both out of the Travelers because their caddies tested positive.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Shit, I had "Koepka" and "tested positive" on my BINGO card but the judges ruled against me on this use case.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe we can get Koepka miced up while he’s at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted