1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think at one point it was said the QB tees were like average 30 yards up on the 4s and 5s.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Woods and Mickelson played the course at 7,243 yards. Brady and Manning played it at 6,857.

3. Michael_ Gee

So that's about right, since the par 3 tees weren't much different if at all.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I thought it was good entertainment, but they milked it too much. Nearly a six-hour round.
    I got caught up with something and didn't turn it on until 1:45 (it was supposed to start at noon here). They were on the third hole. Then it got dark by the end.
    It was fun when other guys called in with donations for good shots, especially Koepka and Wilson. Three of them achieved Wilson's criteria (only Tiger didn't) on the par-3 17th, so he donated 300,000 meals.
    The Barkley thing at the end was a waste of time. His coach, Justin Thomas, reminded me of a coach I had for a P.E. golf class in college. "Aim for the green." "Try to get it close to the hole." Gee, thanks, why didn't I think of that?

5. MileHigh

It started 50 minutes late because of rain.

ChrisLong likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The producer was on the no laying up podcast this morning. He said the plan all along was to start 30 minutes in, and then they gave the golfers an extra 10 minutes to warm up.

ChrisLong and MileHigh like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Phil was a great partner. I’d rather play with him any day. Dude is a dudes dude.

8. Michael_ Gee

The moment where Tiger conceded Phil a five-footer and Mickelson went over to Brady with real concern and said, "that's not a good sign" was my favorite.

9. MileHigh

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So sayeth the Turd.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Is there a point you're trying to make?

12. MileHigh

Draft saved Draft deleted