1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That was one of the most well-documented rules changes. Especially on the LPGA side where it was happening a lot.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Watched some of the tournament on replay. Woods certainly looked good.

It's forgone that he'll play in the Presidents Cup, right? I mean, if he wants anyone to actually watch it, that is.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Presidents Cup is such a useless event (zero wins this century for the Int'l team) but you don't know if this will be Tiger's last team rodeo as a player, so I'd watch.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Good golf fan insomniac theater in Japan. Tiger and Woodland tied for lead at 10-under, with Tiger through 13.

With the shots of all the rain yesterday, pretty stunning that they’re playing.

Course looks in good shape. Other than a par-4 that was shortened to 140 yards because of water issues. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a Tour event.

5. Deskgrunt50

Tiger shoots back-to-back 64s to lead by two shots. Fun to to watch for us on the vampire shift.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

7. Deskgrunt50

8. Deskgrunt50

Huge crowd in Japan. No cellphones. No "get in the hole" nonsense on every shot. A nice change.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Kostis and McCord would be fantastic if they did some kind of live broadcast on social media during CBS's coverage (or anyone else's), speaking their minds without having to please a network or the Tour. McCord's a riot but that rarely comes out in a five-second burst while talking about some guy's 20-footer on 15, while Kostis is a swing whiz but surely holds back much more than he gives out. I bet they'll end up on a podcast or something, but golf's got plenty of those already. Give me a live, unfiltered alternative to lame broadcast chatter.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This really is stunning. CBS just doesn't mix things up and is as old-school as it gets. Its announcers are always in suit and ties unlike others who don polos. It plays the straight and narrow for the Masters and honestly everything else. You could script which holes McCord would do and Kostis would be on the course.

To dump Kostis and McCord after DECADES on the air really is out of left field for such a tightly scripted broadcast that the Eye does.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd ask why they weren't given an appropriate send-off in the final CBS broadcast, but CBS can't be that broke where 12 tourneys or so, figure maybe $10k a week is going to make or break the broadcast. Unless they need find some cash to make sure Romo doesn't flee to MNF.

Draft saved Draft deleted