1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Michael is exactly right. Friendships are legendary on the PGA Tour. Jack and Arnie (although it didn't start out that way). Norman and Price. Curtis and Lanny. Azinger and Payne Stewart. Trevino, it was said, drank more with the British/Irish Ryder Cup team players than his own US teammates that week. Fast forward to now, and Spieth, JT, Rickie, Smylie Kaufman, all best buds. I knew guys like Frank Lickliter and Joe Durant who love Vijay. The closest thing Reed has to a friend on the Tour is Spieth, but Spieth is such a good guy it says more about him than Reed. But I also never see those guys playing together on Tuesdays.
    I sincerely hope Reed's marriage lasts forever. Because without his wife and her brother, he's got no one -- since he's cut off his own side of the family. His parents have never seen or held their grandkids. Think about what kind of miserable SOB you have to be for that to happen.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

To me, that's sadder than any of the alleged cheating on the golf course.

You can't hold a grudge forever ... at some point it's too late to apologize.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

To: PGA Tour players
    Re: Top this, bitches

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Where does that put her in the FedEx standings?

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Cheater wins in Mexico.
    Film at 11.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Pure gold in the post-final round transcript:

Q. Do you feel as though you've silenced a few critics this week?
    PATRICK REED: Honestly, I don't know. Really at the end of the day, to me it doesn't really matter. For me, it's go out there and continue doing what I'm supposed to do, and that's try to play the best golf I can, try to be the best person I can, and try to set an example for the younger kids that are out here watching as well as my kids that are watching back at home.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... your kids who have never met one set of their grandparents.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And this one cost him a new car.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I noticed Sunday Night Football stopped showing Rockefeller Center when they would cut to the studio at halftime. I don't watch Golf Channel much, but I imagine fewer golfers will be "dropping by" in Connecticut. Tax credits or no tax credits.
    [​IMG]

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yep, no way they're offering to relocate anyone outside of the talking heads and corner office folks north if you're "combining resources and becoming more transparent." I doubt the Florida-based employees are members of AFTRA or NABET. If NBC already has enough behind-the-scenes people in Stamford, they'll offer the standard termination.

That probably goes for the dot-com staff as well. At one time, we were hearing that Golf Channel might scoop up the PGA of America online rights as well, but it appears that's being done in-house now (since the stories haven't been updated since October).

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ugh. I forgot that this is "Bear Trap" week. :confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted