1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's super beautiful and plenty hard enough for anybody. But I wish to speak up for a couple of Mass. seaside courses, Eastward Ho! on Cape Cod and Kittansett in Marion on the south coast. Also Truro Highlands on Cape Cod, one of the two courses on national park grounds (The Volcano course on the Big Island is the other one). Just as hard as Pebble and spectacular views as well.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love watching golf in California.....except for Pebble Beach.
    I can't do it.
    Not the course itself, the pro-am.
    If you think I have any interest at all watching Faldo analyze Chris Berman's golf swing, then you are sorely mistaken. I love Bill Murray, but enough. You're in fucking overalls, signing bald heads and flabby tits at one of the great courses in the world. Quit it.
    Oh...and Eastwood. God Almighty man. Keith Richards saw you on tv last year with Nantzy and Faldo and exclaimed "Fucking Hell, he looks terrible."

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's the trade-off you get to see Pebble. Yeah, it's hard at times, but it's still Pebble.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Gotta tell yourself "I will not watch Saturday at Pebble" over and over again. Always the am-overkill day. If only CEOs and other stiffs make the cut to Sunday, you will be spared all of that except for the winner putting out on 18. Was cool the year Murray won with D.A. Points though.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There are subtleties to it that highlight what golf is all about. And of course the ocean backdrop. Yes, damn fine for public course too. I always say Pebble 1,2,3,4,,6 ,12,13,15,16 not that big a deal (of course the others make PEBBLE)

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You're crazy to think 6 at Pebble is not that big a deal.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm probably wrong; its probably because for a hack like me that blind approach uphill on a Par 5 is not my favorite.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn golf is tough; looked at bottom of leaderboard and there 2nd from last is Francesco Molinari with a 79. Of all people, never would have thought it would be THAT guy down that far.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I always make it a point to look at the full leaderboard from the bottom up. Nearly every week, there's a major winner or two or more in the bottom 20 on cut day. It is a hard game.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Francesco’s a true pro; came back with 67 after 79. Hats off to him.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

that's funny,I saw her about 15 times walking around yesterday, without knowing about this.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Did you see the hang gliders?

Draft saved Draft deleted