1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watching TOC.
    I can't stand to watch Schaufelefelefelefele.
    So boring.
    No excitement.
    Takes forever.
    Him and his caddy have all the fun and personality of getting bludgeoned with a 1-iron.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3 man playoff at the Verlander.
    I'm lost on why everyone is so infatuated with the club twirl?
    Apparently, no one has ever seen Mark O'Meara or Lee Trevino play before?
    Those two twirled clubs in their sleep.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know it wasn't pretty, but I think there's a chance JT might go deep the next few years. So much game.

And the "cheater!" yell on Reed that last playoff hole...well, wear it bastard.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Did Reed give up the red shirts on Sundays?

I loved how Azinger kept talking about the money during the playoff. Screw the points.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I noticed Reed in all black today, too.

A villain is good for the Tour. That said, screw him.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

JT definitely has the game to win a few majors. And, agree with @Chef2, Xander is boring and glacial, but I think he’ll bag a couple of big ones too.

Only got to see the highlights this week. Too much going on and not in a good TV window for me.

But getting the itch to play and watch. Sadly, it’ll be more watching for a few months in the northeast. Some simulator time coming soon.

7. playthrough

If Reed can't get out of Kapalua without getting jeered, it's gonna be a long season.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good.
    And each time I see his idiot brother in law laying down on a green to read a putt for him, I hope a groundhog comes up through the green and bites him in the cock.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I would avoid Scottsdale if I were him. The drunks at No. 16 will have a field day.
    The Players won't be a walk in the park. Those folks are TPC Scottsdale wannabees but just as obnoxious. The only way Reed escapes issues there is if he's paired with Poulter or Sergio, who the Ponte Vedra buffoons hate.
    U.S. Open at Winged Foot? Hoo boy.

10. playthrough

Ponte Vedra loves it when good guys like Rory, Fowler or (pre-caddie-stiffing) Kuchar win The Players, for promotional sake. So it would be rather amusing if Reed won there.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When a guy wins The Players, the Tour expects him to come back and do all sorts of promotional stuff, PSAs, etc., plus talk it up all the time. When was Tiger twice, he did the bare minimum and they didn't bust his balls because he was Tiger and pulling the entire Tour train anyway. Stephen Ames, a surly sort, won it in 2006 and one Tour communications official complained to me that he treated it no differently as if he had won Disney.

playthrough likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I went by the TPC course many times when going to my favorite Florida beach and on the way to the Palm Valley Fish Camp restaurant. The shrimp and grits was fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted