1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

On the other hand Kirk Triplett who has an adopted biracial kid has a BLM sticker on his bag; I’ll root for him.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Or Farve and Bobby Orr.

At least Jack got the money he wanted.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

I saw one swing of Barkley's on social media -- looks like he's finally gotten rid of the ghastly hitch, good for him. But I wasn't watching 3-4 hours of it.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was kind of interesting, for awhile. Mickelson demonstrated something we all know, namely, that a top flight touring pro is further above really talented amateurs like Manning and Curry than they are t0 18-20 handicap hackers like me. But mostly, it was wild watching Phil coach up Charles. It was alternate shot after everybody hit a drive, and Barkley hit from the regular men's tees while the other three hit from the tips. Barkley never hit more than a four-iron. Mickelson had coached him how to hit those into fairways. Then Phil would hit the second shot, and leave it most often just short of the green. He'd coached Barkley on long approach putts and chips and damned if Charles hadn't learned. He left many four footers which of course Phil sank. Curry was terrible. If he'd played his own ball, he wouldn't have broken 80. Manning was OK, but nothing more. So Phil-Chuck win 4 and 3, and it would've been more if they hadn't brought in Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Shaq to continually heckle Charles between shots on two holes.

9. playthrough

Mickelson and Barkley were around +140 dogs, conventional wisdom being that Barkley couldn't hit the ocean from the boat. But yeah, 4-and-3 doesn't leave much to doubt.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Match 3!showed:

the gap between a pro (well all time great who’s now 50) and someone people tout as “possible pro” is not very close; and

Phil is the coolest partner to have. Knowledgeable but never condescending.

Phil can hit any shot anytime from 270 in. Steph doesn’t have that. Not criticizing Steph at all. Just giving credit to true golf pros. B

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Phil and Chuck owned the event. Phil's shittalking was superior to the NBA player.
    Chuck's putting was better than Manning or Curry.
    That was a fun event

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was kinda’ enjoying watching Curry eat shit. The nonstop coverage of the guy as a golfer has been almost as annoying as the nonstop blathering about how “great” Michael Jordan allegedly was 30 years ago. “He’s coming out with his own line of clubs. He’s talked about playing on the PGA Tour. He’s...” Let’s start with getting him into an appropriate pair of pants and then we can move on from there.

Was nice to see Curry and not see him chewing his fucking mouth guard at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted