1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don’t tell me you didn’t know the 105th season starts tomorrow with The Military Tribute at the Greenbrier!

Who ya got?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno. I do know that my late Mom got a hole in one on thr 18th of Old White in 2003 and that she got an amazing reception from the golfers either waiting to tee off or having their pot-round drinks, It's weird how Justice decided to turn the Old White into the tournament course instead of the Nicklaus course where they had the Ryder Cup.

3. Or the Snead.
    Old White is a pretty easy course, from tee to green.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remember where I was in the golf biz when "The Old White TPC" was announced (the course having been bought or somehow assimilated into the TPC network) and feeling embarrassed for my line of work.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My boy Lanto Griffin is back on Tour. Go Lanto!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do "fantasy golf leagues" start now?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Most don't start until January, but I'm sure there are some out there for die-hards that include the wraparound events.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not the PGA Tour, but Nelly Korda and Brittany Altomare just snagged a key half point by winning 18 to keep the U.S. within arm's length at the Solheim Cup. Europe up 4 1/2- 3 1/2 after the first day.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's tied for fifth right now!

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

64-68 is a nice start. Should get him some TV time this weekend.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's tough to try to sell golf as a non-elitist sport when the Tour plays a course called "The Old White TPC." I know the history of the Greenbrier and all, but that was just too easy of a punch line.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted