1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks ... and BTW, I was in the U.P. in the late 1990s, and the old Ishpeming High gym was rather snug. You walked in from the parking lot and immediately were under one of the baskets. There was zero space on that baseline.

The balcony was great for shooting pictures, though.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not fearing Chapel Hill at all. Yeah ... easy joke because they beat NCSU twice. And earned them both.

But five games in five days? And they're not clearly better than their opponents. Virginia Tech peaked in early December - have not played well since early in the season - but still.

John Swofford is probably celebrating because Chapel Hill's being a part of the tournament from Tuesday on will bring in fans that otherwise don't show up on Tuesday or Wednesday. Things tend to be pretty slow until Thursday. Smurf Village will be so from the get-go.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The XFL, ahead of its time.

5. Sam Mills 51

That's kinda my thinking ... admittedly, I don't have the last umpteen years researched for proof. But, can you possibly imagine a scenario in which one of Chapel Hill or Duke won the regular-season title, took the tournament along with it and DIDN'T earn a No. 1 seed for the NCAAs? Or Virginia and Tony Bennett?

Florida State has earned its stripes, no matter what any idiot on Tobacco Road thinks about any school outside the Big Four.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

There's just something very good and very bad at the same time about Wes Durham doing a who gives a shit first night ACC game.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The people at the scorers table outnumber the fans.
    Non issue.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

More people ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland each day than attend the Big West tournament.

9. Sam Mills 51

It's Chapel Hill. How complicated is that?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

One too many chalupas from Taco Bell gives ye Olde Chef a case of the Leaky Black.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Didn't say complicated.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The NCAA’s statement late this afternoon leaves me presuming there will be no tournament. It did not address the possibility of playing without fans. It just said’ “We’ll let you know.”

Draft saved Draft deleted