1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll get sucked back in then. As wacky as this season has been, there might be money to be made on a lot of underdogs. I just haven't had much fun betting this season, mainly because it's been such a weird season. Upsets are fun unless you're trying to make money off the favorites.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Kansas-Baylor tickets are listed on Stubhub, from $160 to $2,046.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm going for a quick turnaround in vegas march 12 and 13. My buddies now go the week of the conference tournaments because it is so much less crowded (and less expensive) to go conference tournament week - and so many more games.

When you're going to the window to cash a bet, does it really matter if it is the quarterfinals of a Big 10 conference tournament game, or the NCAAs? I say no.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And down go the Aztecs

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

After what has happened to Baylor and San Diego State, think Gonzaga isn't looking around and making sure they're not next in Provo?

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sure enough, BYU's giving them all they want. At the half, it's Mormons 46, Catholics 38

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Shoot, if I cash the bet I don't care if I'm betting on Canisius and Wagner in the middle of February.
    In fact, when things are going a little better, those Friday small-school parlays are kind of fun to throw $10 at and see what happens. MAC, Patriot League, Ivy League, maybe a WAC game thrown in. Why the hell not? Expand your horizons a little.
    When you're scuffling to cash any win tickets, though, it just feels like the degenerate waste of money/dice roll that it is.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I knew they were going to stumble at some point. No matter how weak the conference you're supposedly in, it's extremely hard not to get caught on an off night, or a night when an opponent is hyped up and plays a great game.

Now they can just regroup and not worry about the whole 'undefeated thing.' Assuming this doesn't cause a tailspin they can be secure with a No. 1 or 2 seed.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The ice cream parlors are going to be packed in Provo. Fun team to watch. Also fun, seeing BYU students wearing "Make it Rain" t-shirts.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So that's 1, 2 and 4 down today.
    Where does Dayton land? No. 3?

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They should be No. 2 behind Kansas, but I bet they do something stupid like jump Maryland to two and Dayton ends up three

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Terps lose today. Sun came up

Draft saved Draft deleted