1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Evans just isn’t that good. The other guy that came with him from Rice just sucks. Team can’t rebound outside of Silva and the guards as a group just can’t get it done.

Hyland, though, looks like an all timer. He’s just not ready to carry the load right now.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Wolfpack. Great win.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

St Mike and his just didn’t seem to care either during or after the game. For Duke it was meaningless game. The loss is insignificant.

And Storming the floor by NCST for a February conference game is pretty weak. Duke didn’t care enough to play hard. The students should have given it golf applause

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's Duke's problem ... and probably some window-front store owners on Hillsborough Street.

The bigger question is where have efforts like this been all season for NCSU?

Not expecting that kind of result in every game, but this team has tossed 3-4 winnable games in the trash this season. Put forth this level of effort and this level of giveacrap and this team would be in solid position for the tournament.

We'll see Saturday when Leonard Hamilton brings probably the deepest and most complete team in the ACC into the ESA. They'll have to replicate Wednesday night's effort to have a chance.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Iowa, Southern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky and USC-Upstate all covering 75%+ at home this season.

Have a good evening.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No hyphen. ;) And I liked them better when they were the USC Spartanburg Rifles.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I went 4-for-4 the other night backing the motley crew of Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Dayton and UNLV. First real winning night I've had all basketball season, and it erased most of my losses. I'm cashing out and waiting for football season.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Team Rankings site is pure gold for these breakdowns on home/away ATS splits.

On nights like this, I take 5 or 6 really good home teams, look at the opponent’s road ATS and make a play or not.

Radford, Utah Valley and Fullerton are terrible at home. So I’m against them.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Infractions committee issues a three-year show cause order to Kevin Stallings for violations -- using ops guys as de facto assistant coaches, etc. -- but declines to impose any postseason or TV bans on Pitt. Perhaps they followed this course of action because Stallings is out of the game and perhaps for good. Or maybe they'll never impose any postseason bans again. We know the TV ban is never, ever happening again.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah, when Maryland was banned during the Bob Wade, post-Len Bias era in the ACC, the gymnastics endured were excessive.

And that was before ESPN2, FS1, FS2 or the ACC Network.

TV ban isn't happening. While Pitt deserved punishment - both Kevin Stallings and Pat Narduzzi tried to circumvent coaching regulations by having non-coaches attempt to do so - this did come across as something meriting postseason bans and the death penalty. Also worth noting the they self reported.

Apparently, they didn't want to spent $21 million on lawyers and other stuff to openly discredit the NCAA.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

More likely, they didn’t want to spend $9 million paying Kevin Stallings to go away. Talked to a couple of people who write checks yesterday and this all sounds strategic. Stallings was (a) terrible (b) under contract for four more seasons (c) legitimately was sleeping and letting others coach the team. There’s a photo of him napping in the bleachers while at a recruit’s basketball game. So Pitt self-reported and used these violations as a means to get out of the contract, using “lack of compliance” as the reason. In order to make it appear that it wasn’t what it was they reported Narduzzi as well.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I call bullshit.

Not that you went 4 for 4.

That you are sitting out conference tournaments, and the NCAA tournament.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted