1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So we just gonna' ignore Bob Knight burying the 20-year hatchet and returning to Bloomington?

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Boy, he didn’t look well

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I never thought I’d see Knight frail.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No, he did not. Looked unwell and really old. It will not be a shock when he dies.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's suffering from dementia and the fact that he was sufficiently aware of what was happening is nice for him. He waited until everyone he hated was dead and then shows up, always a real asshole. He lacked self awareness, it wasn't an act, he just thought he was always right and you were always wrong.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know, if you're going to out a poster here just go ahead and out him.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I was in the stands, it was quite a moment. Had been rumored for a while and the night before it sounded probable, but as the AD said you don't know until you see him on the floor.

Definitely didn't look well, and for his sake I hope he didn't realize how bad his old team was playing. Archie Miller hasn't beaten Purdue yet in his three years, and there's no way that fact burns his ass like it would have Knight's.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who's Feinstein?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'M SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF AN 8-10 RECORD. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF LOSING TO PURDUE!!

franticscribe and playthrough like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Baylor @ Texas currently sending college basketball back to the peach basket days.
    22-16 Baylor at half.
    If Texas doesn't get in, I don't think he returns.
    Also look in the stands. The entire upper bowl is empty.
    You can't fill your own place against the number 1 team in the nation, then you got lots of issues.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

MS! [/crossthread]

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He was the hottest damn thing in the country after his run at VCU and basically said no to a bunch of high-profile opening, including showing no interest when UCLA came sniffing. Not sure where Shaka ends up after this, but these guys are always reborn somewhere. (See Howland, Ben: Starkvegas)

Draft saved Draft deleted