1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jay Bilas said there’s no connection, zero. between the NCAA investigation into the recruiting of De Sousa and the on court incident. Self couldn’t see in the recruiting of De Sousa that this was a possibility? That he lacked the regular student athlete character that Kansas generally recruits?
    Just fuckn wit y’all. Self couldn’t give a shit who this guy was or what he would do, besides play some hoop.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Total marketing ploy and it almost always works.

These books get their money back. I racked up probably $400-500 in free bonus money this year and I’m barely below break even.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ex, god love you, but you seem to be kind of shitty at this gambling game. Maybe a new hobby is in order, like juggling chainsaws or something.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Took your Evansville under tip to the bank today. Thanks!

exmediahack likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Purple Aces trying to become the first team in history to win at Kentucky at go winless in Missouri Valley play.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’m using this year to see if I have the discipline to actually turn a profit. So far... no.

Last year I hit an astounding number of picks and really thought I might be able to make a run at this.

It’s so much more than picking winners. It’s money management. It’s avoiding live wagering where you often turn a winning bet into a push.

I’ve found it fascinating.

Batman likes this.
  8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Got to see SDSU get by UNLV today to set a school record with a 21-0 start. Aztecs got a battle from the Rebels to pull it out (I expected this to be a test for them), but played well enough. Be interesting to see how high a seed they can get in March, but for now I'm just enjoying the ride.

Also viewing the Aztecs on CBS Sports Network the last couple weeks, I've gotten a healthy dose of Pete Gillen on color commentary. He's OK as far as analysis, but with that voice, I feel like they got one of the Bowery Boys to man the microphone.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... yet beat NCSU. Big surprise, but tickets to the ESA were hard to find because this was supposed to be the season to get 'em because they were down.

Got bludgeoned on the boards. Didn't run nearly enough offense. Markell Johnson trying to play hero ball and killing the Wolfpack. C.J. Bryce posts ... a bagel.

And ... I KNEW it was happening. Loss at home to Chapel Hill. Lost twice to Georgia Tech. Remember this when the NCAA bypasses you. Again.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The vig on live wagering is brutal. If you can get in ahead of a trend, it can be worth it, but it’s really hard to make money over the long term.

I am up 28 percent on my Draft Kings account in the 17 months that I have had it. I’ve made good use of the promos and odds boosts, but I’ve just gotten lucky on first or last goal bets in EPL games.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Well, I liked it.:)

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

NC State athletics: A lengthy history of
    1) Claiming imminent excellence;
    2) Backing it up with the same old mediocrity or worse; and
    3) Blaming an officiating conspiracy.

Draft saved Draft deleted