1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Purdue beats Virginia 69-40 tonight.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

At some point UVa's inability to score was going to bite it. They need Braxton Key back in the worst way.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That’s part of it, but they also don’t have any guards who can shoot consistently, and Kihei Clark does not look ready to be a lead guard, if he has that in him at all. They have two walk-ons playing rotation minutes right now, and the one who plays more is a true freshman generously listed at 5-9. They have a chance to hover around the edges of the top 25 - they won’t usually shoot THAT badly, and the defense has done a much, much better job in other games, even against decent teams, than they did tonight - but they won’t be the team they usually are until the next big recruiting class comes in next year (and they get Sam Hauser eligible).

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

DePaul student section just rushed the floor after beating unranked and 2 loss Texas Tech.
    DePaul is now 9-0.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And I think they're legit. Gonna do some damage in the Big East and make a No. 1 seed sweat in the second round come March.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Texas Tech was in the national championship game last year. I'll allow it.

Neutral Corner and Chef2 like this.
  7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I was briefly watching Mississippi State (Sagarin ranked 58 versus Kansas State ranked 97) in the Never Forget Tribute Classic in Newark. It was on ESPNU and perhaps 500 were in attendance. The other bracket was Delaware versus Villanova and I am sure that will draw better but will they even draw 10,000? I don't know how much ESPNU pays to show games between two teams that have zero national following. I would guess not much.

My question is how do these tournaments survive. By the time the schools receive their fees and the Prudential Center is paid rent there can not be that much, if anything left? Do the charities get paid some token amount?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What was your favorite moment of the Wiseman era at Memphis?

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

There are so many to choose from. I mean, was is his performance against Oregon, or South Carolina State, or Illinois-Chicago? And then there's.....oh....that's all.

HanSenSE and Cosmo like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Pre-emptive strike against further revelations? Or inability to make the draconian payment the NCAA required for reinstatement? Something else?

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He's prolly gonna ask Penny to pay the 11,000 that he still owes the NCAA because he got caught with the 11,000 that he borrowed from Penny the first time.

Draft saved Draft deleted