1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think I just became a Vegas fan. Fun opening.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm fine. Neither team was dominant, Pittsburgh got breaks in the third. Made breaks, yes. But got them as well. Different game if Ovechkin pots that open net early in the first. Really believe that. Ridiculous that he missed. They had Murray on tilt and didn't take advantage. On to the second game. Not going to give up on a series after one loss.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Can a seven-game series be won in the first five minutes of Game 1? Vegas is up 2-0 and I don’t think the Sharks have spent 30 seconds in the Knights zone.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Caps sure wish so

5. Vombatus

I wish the German would quit bombing Pearl Harbor though.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah.

7. Vombatus

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think they'll be fine.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. If they would have won tonight, I would have said it was going to be 2-2 going into Game 5. Feel the same way after the loss. Long series.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Both teams missed on some chances, but the Capitals definitely missed more. They dominated most of that first period and came out with only a 1-0 lead.

I came away from the game thinking the teams are even and maybe the Capitals are a little better with Malkin out. I still think Malkin's health could be what decides the series.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Good God. 4-0 after 12 minutes. On the Sharks’ first power play, the Knights spent more time attacking.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And they wait until it's 5-0 until they pull Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted