1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2018 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 24, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This Jim Beam is shaking its head.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You can do better than that, Mila.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I fully agree. What's missing, for lack of more precise terms, is the finish. There was quite a span when you expected him to do something big, and he just did it. Today, it's more of a question, a question he sometimes doesn't answer.

But there's still this. He owns the best shot imagination in the game. Because every one of those shots he needs, he's seen it fly off his club perfectly in the past. He has the visual in his mind.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He hasn't played what he would consider 18 holes of very good golf yet.
    The 65 on Saturday, that was absolutely the highest score he should have shot.
    6 deep on front, make a bogey on 14, and don't birdie anything coming in.
    It's a dramatic improvement for sure, but that 65 on Saturday should have been 61.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Shoulda coulda woulda

Sounds like my golf game.

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

100% agree. I do not know Tiger like some of the members here, however, it seems that he's having a lot more fun out there. Yes, he's not winning like he used to, but he's smiling a lot more.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He is infinitely more pleasant and open in interviews. His press conference answers about Mickelson this week are a good example.

Speaking of Mickelson, I'm not convinced that long sleeve shirt has something to do with his arthritis. That he's trying to stay out of the sun as much as possible, or something. He made all kinds of vague comments about worrying about lack of energy this week, and I'm guessing no one would wear a shirt that silly unless there was some reason for it.

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

With that gigantic animal print belt and long-sleeved blouse the only thing worse than Phil's look was his play.

and we also can't overlook the fact that Woods essentially took 2016 and 2017 off from competitive golf. Who can take two years off from anything and immediately bounce back to top form?

9. Justin Thomas is new No. 1. Supplanted DJ following Sunday's final round.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Justin Ray had one of his typically great stats yesterday:

12. Wonder if anyone applied the ranking criteria to Nickluas? How often and how long ue would have been world No. 1?

Draft saved Draft deleted