1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 NCAA Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 12, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

PNW vs. the Carolinas.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It will be lost, but what a clutch shot by Monk.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Gotta respect Nantz's optimism. North Carolina has the ball up 2, with point 3 seconds left.

"Give me a scenario for Kentucky here."

Uh, the North Carolina players storm court prematurely and get two technicals?

North Carolina runs worst out of bounds in the history of basketball from under their own basket, inexplicably throwing the pass the length of the court where Jackson then tips it into the Kentucky basket?

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Could have fun list of shots that were incredible and then forgotten few seconds later by a game-winner.

Marcus Paige last year, Sean Woods in 1992 Duke-Kentucky come to mind.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Monk has already forgotten amid the calls from agents for the NBA draft.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So it could be North Carolina-South Carolina, or it could be the first all West final ever. Odds are it'll be neither, but it's still more interesting than most Final Four scenarios.
    PS: Kentucky did not once down the stretch keep Carolina from pushing the ball upcourt at will.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Lefty Dreisell.
    Please put him in before he passes.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Flipped over to the mothership to see the postgame reaction from Memphis and was pleasantly happy to see Kim Mulkey getting her ass bounced out.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I would have like to see a Baylor-UConn rematch but I'm sure a lot of people are happy Mulkey's out

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that was a bummer. But I would have picked Arizona the next night and that would have been that.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think North Carolina could beat Gonzaga, but I don't think they could beat South Carolina.
    I think Oregon could beat Gonzaga, but I don't think they could beat South Carolina.
    I think Gonzaga will beat South Carolina.
    I think North Carolina will beat Oregon.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We're in the Final Four. Every team can beat every team.

Draft saved Draft deleted