1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Then he'd probably still be single digits away. There is no reason to think he isn't going to keep pitching and some playoff-type team is going to give him a multi-year contract as a fourth or even fifth starter -- something like two for 30 million in a market where he's going to be one of the top 10 starters available. I know he turned 37 yesterday but I could see him going until 40.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

15 per for Sabathia?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nothing happening at Wrigley.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

King Felix is another who has a shot with luck and health. But he won't be doing it if he remains in a Mariners uniform.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I tuned in, which immediately made something happen.

dixiehack and Twirling Time like this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bumgarner (100 wins/age 27) and Sale (86 wins/age 28) are the other two that jump out at me with a shot to get to 300. Both young enough, talented enough, and with good enough organizations to pile them up a lot of the time. The rest on the list are too far away and on the wrong side of 30.
    We'll see more 300-game winners eventually. It's just going to be at least a decade before we see another.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's got a long way to go and he has already lost a lot on his fastball. Hernandez has looked great since his return from the DL, but I'm not sure he can maintain it.

8. Della9250

Felix won't get there because his run support sucks. He's a guy where 250 might be a longshot.

9. Della9250

Obviously he's got two more months to implode but for what he's doing this year, that's seems reasonable despite his age. Colon got 1 for 12.5 last off-season, Volquez got 2 for 22, Rich Hill got 3 for 48

10. outofplace

That certainly kept his win total down to this point in his career, but diminished velocity is another big reason he won't get there.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

All have pitched better then him over the last few years. He's had a decent few months.

12. outofplace

And then Lester gave up back-to-back home runs with two out in the eighth to give the Cardinals a 2-0 lead.

Draft saved Draft deleted