1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Oct 3, 2017.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Only way I would want Vin back in the booth is if Joe Garagiola was with him, and since that can't happen any longer let's let the past be the past.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brett Favre is available

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My best friend is flying into town tonight and will be staying with us for a few days. I had promised over the summer to pick him up at the airport when he lands at 10 p.m. Now, the day is here, and the Yankees are up 3-2 and playing at 8 p.m. tonight, so I asked him to grab an Uber because I don't want to miss the game. I feel like that makes me a terrible person, but he's a Red Sox fan, sooo ....

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And a 5-5:30ish start, at the height of the commute and possible bad air day. I can hear Joe Buck talking about the shadows already ...

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's the round trip for you, 9:30 to 10:30? You'll miss the fourth and fifth innings.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

You should get a radio installed in your car.;)

Vombatus likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Was just talking about this today with a friend. My conclusion was that everyone will want it to happen except Vin Scully. He will say inviting him back makes it all about him. Which is true. No one minds, though. We all think of it as a reward for his services; he thinks of it sd dishonoring the game.

8. bigpern23

It's about 45 minutes each direction, plus probably 15 minutes of waiting, so probably something like 9:15-11 p.m. Games have been averaging about 3 hours, 15 minutes, so that's somewhere around half the game.

9. bigpern23

The radio is fine, the beer is frowned upon. o_O

lakefront likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As a Red Sox fan, I find this bizarre to think and say, but this Yankees team is difficult to dislike. Root for them? Fuck no. Root against them? Of course. Be more than moderately annoyed if they win it all? Nope.

When the face of your team is Aaron Judge and CC Sabathia is the only high priced veteran, you're tough to hate.

Go Astros

FileNotFound and lakefront like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Red Sox fans I golf with a couple days a week all express an odd kind of grudging but affectionate respect for Sabathia.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Really wish the Cardinals had made the playoffs," said no one anywhere.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    FileNotFound and heyabbott like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted