1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And Santa Claus.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I moved out here in the mid-‘90s and fell into Giants fandom. (I was a post-strike free agent.) One thing I discovered is that among fans’ most treasured memories was Joe Morgan’s home run in 1982 that knocked the Dodgers out of the playoffs on the last day of the season. Less notable to fans is that the Dodgers had knocked the Giants out of the race the day before.

It’s weird. No question.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They used the slot system to take pool money from the top pick and sign better guys later, like McCullers

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh come on, hate is a valuable sports resource. I am a Red Sox fan and a lot of my interest in the alcs was rooting against the Yankees. That doesn’t make me petty; it makes me human. Rooting for laundry is at base inane; so rooting against competing laundry is all of a piece.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Us Yankee fans never cared much about you guys.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you don’t root against Duke, Notre Dame and Dallas Cowboys it’s because you have no soul.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've spent enough time in New York to know that isn't true, though I'm sure it is a more recent development.

8. So the Astros had Yu Darvish's number in the WS because he was tipping his pitches?

Apparently this isn't new news. Darvish has issues tipping pitches for a years, but it's come again after he got tagged.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Until 2004 maybe. Since then you’ve been a little tweaked

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hell I'm not in New York and I've been a little tweaked since 2004. The Curse of the Bambino was one of my favorite things in baseball.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Ah. Thanks.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Curse of the Bambino was one of the banes of my columnist life in Boston. God, I hate all that crap about jinxes and whatnot. The Phillies went the first 97 years of their existence without a title. I didn't think they were jinxed. I thought they weren't good enough. I'd hoped that when the Sox won in 2004, fans around here would lighten up, but as the Patriots have proved, fans in these parts enjoy being paranoid and defensive, win or lose.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted