1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017-18 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

There are many comparisons that we are not supposed to make. Yeah, Perry did it. He also took a hit to the mouth earlier. And Kessel slashes Vermette twice from behind on a breakaway, coulda been a penalty shot.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Cmon. Are we really comparing those incidents?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’ve come to the conclusion that you cannot talk hockey when it comes to your Ducks. You are such a delusional fan that it clouds any form of reasonable hockey knowledge you have.

When you talk about the league and other teams, great.

Let’s never forget the Ducks were on the right side of some of the worst one sided officiating the playoffs have seen last year. And have also been the dirtiest team in the league since Burke took over. Which I don’t think is a bad thing but it’s laughable when they play the victim. I love the league hates the Ducks narrative, it weeds out the morons.

For the others here, link those two comparable incidents. Two “slashes” and Perry’s knock to the mouth. Lol.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Perry thing is so normal it didn't make a video.
    Here is Vermette-Kessel (note slash to the hands).

I have never been a "fan" until now and I'm enjoying it.
    This season, I posted little if any Ducks stuff until the Cogliano travesty -- note what players around the league are saying about the suspension.
    There are two sides to every story. You think that I think it's Ducks against the World. I think that you think the Ducks are dirty and everything that is done to them is warranted. You're as "bad" as I am on the other side.
    Enough of this.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Travesty? Ok

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Travesty? Jesus Christ.

Players around the league are talking about the streak and the quality of guy he is, not the act. The act itself is suspendable all the other stuff is fluff.

But yeah, that play on Vermette is exactly the same as Perry’s accidental blind side to the head of Letang, very similar.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Marcus Johannson. Why has his stats fallen off so much? Geez.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Looks like he’s missed 20 games or so. Also he’s playing in a completely different system in New Jersey.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yup. I don't follow the devils closely, but they are sort of on my radar screen cause we get the games. Johansson has played well when he has played, but he has missed some time, first with a concussion, and then after he got beaten up blocking a shot. He has had a number of in game scares -- head first into the boards once, and he drops to block a lot of shots, which can be painful, of course. He's a good player; just that he's been a bit snake bit, I think.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I guess he's making one more run at the Cup

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From your mouth to god's ears.

Draft saved Draft deleted