1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2016-17 College Rings Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There's also been some buzz the American might be open to some basketball only members, which is kinda funny given how that league came into existence.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If UConn could ever figure out its football nonsense and somehow get back into the Big East, Wichita State better be the next call for an even number of teams.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think UConn and Cincinnati should both call the Big East and ask for readmittance. If that means dropping the football program so be it. But their attempts to maintain football in a non power conference will only drag down their basketball programs.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Wichita State was ever really serious about restarting football, money wouldn't be the issue. One call to Charles Koch or Brandon Steven, and the money issue is solved.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Akron wins on seat-maintenance night in Houston.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I knew there was a reason to dislike the Shockers. Thanks for the reminder.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Shockers are holding out for a spot in the Big 12 when Texas and OU leave...

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I think the international rule for a timeout in basketball is that it is called from the bench and awarded at the next official timeout.

That means that timeouts can not be used to bail a team out they are caught in a trap or when they can not inbound the ball. The NCAA should adopt this rule. It would make the games more fun and reward teams that hustle on defense.

Though in a perfect world I would advocate college teams having one time out a half. And the ability to move the ball to the forecourt at the end of games a la the NBA. But if you burn timeout early you don't have it at the end of the game.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Similar note, I saw John Collins is testing the water. What he decides could mean the difference between Wake making another big jump next year or struggling to make the Tournament again.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is LaVar Ball? And why do I give a fuck what he says?

franticscribe likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted