1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2016-17 College Rings Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 10, 2016.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Walk-ons redshirt? I didn't know that was a thing.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda' with you on this. I was expecting some Bob Knight shit.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Report: Eustachy went Eustachy

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Was he an invited walk-on? They'll redshirt those guys sometimes.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I mean just look at him. There's a little bit of crazy going on there.

Dead-ringer for John Ritter.

[​IMG]

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Walk-ons redshirt? I didn't know that was a thing.

Sure, all the time. Kid's not gonna play anyway, so you preserve the year of eligibility in case he develops.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Dakich is now on scholarship. I know this only because Beilein used it as an excuse to pull a mean-funny youtube prank.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Circus, watched the Cavs play Duke last night. They are horrible offensively.

It's hard for me to ever cheer for UVa, but against Duke, no problem. And I like Tony Bennett, his Wazzu teams were fun to watch.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think they're finding their true level. They've been overranked all year based on absolutely stealing the souls of some shitty teams (and Iowa), but their lack of an inside presence is just too much to overcome, particularly on offense. The post players range from undersized/inconsistent (Isaiah Wilkins) to mistake-prone (Jack Salt and Mamadi Diakite, although Diakite had his best game last night) to abjectly terrible (Jarred Reuter). That means all three of Perrantes, Devon Hall and Marial Shayok have to play well, and the latter two can't get it done against defenses that are focusing on them.

I suspect the Wahoos will end up around a 7 seed. Maybe they can get a few of those guys playing well at the same time at the end of the year and get to the Sweet 16. That, along with someone stopping Duke from winning the national title, is a successful postseason to me.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That's just cruel to do to the kid.

From looking at his bio on the Michigan website, it looks like he wanted to redshirt a couple of times and each time Beilein burned the redshirt when his bench got short due to injury.

Draft saved Draft deleted