1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Same thing, isn't it?

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd hate to play that game of beer pong.

Rusty Shackleford likes this.
  3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I attended the game as a fan. Went to find a restroom around the 4th inning. The crowd in the bowels of the stadium were unlike anything i've seen. Literally butts to nuts, as far as you could see.

I finally found a mens room, saw the line and started walking its length. Went probably 5 or 6 sections and still couldnt see the end of it, so i just went back to my seat and held it.

Seems to me the Cubs shouldnt be selling bleacher tickets if they have no bleachers. Besides being a tremendous fire hazard (no way that kind of crowd would pass the fire code) they risk fans deciding, "You know what, I think i'm gonna pass on that beer. I dont want to have wait in that restroom line."

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Masahiro Tanaka shelled by the Blue Jays — five runs and eight base-runners in four innings before getting yanked. Didn't have much velocity, and looked like he was trying to get by as a late-career-Livan Hernandez-style slop-baller. Only a matter of time before his UCL pops all the way and/or they shut him down, I would think.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Today is just the latest bit of evidence that it was a terrible decision for Tanaka to pass on the surgery when they found the tear.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The metal detectors were up at Nats Park when I went to Saturday's exhibition game. The lines moved very quickly and I didn't notice much of a difference in wait time for entry from last year. The security people weren't really paying attention, though. The guy in front of me beeped and the person manning the metal detector didn't seem to notice/care and the guy kept going.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If this is how the season starts for my team ...

Screen shot 2015-04-06 at 3.42.11 PM.png

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

comeback POY Alex Rodriguez

9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Why the fuck did Yankee fans cheer him today?

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Because baseball fans don't care about PEDs unless the perpetrator plays on another team.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Tanaka was an ace compared to Kyle Lohse. Brewers down 10-0 in fourth.

And how about Gregorio being out -- by a lot -- stealing third for the final out of the eighth down 6-1. That's a great baseball play.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lohse isn't foolishly trying to pitch with a torn ligament in his elbow, as Tanaka is doing (Partially torn is still torn.) Lohse just isn't much of an ace.

Also, Tulowitzki and Gonzalez haven't gotten hurt yet, so that Colorado lineup is pretty formidable. Positive sign for the Rockies was Arenado crushing a home run on the road, something he did very little of even before he got hurt last season.

Draft saved Draft deleted