1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Add daughter into it for this one. Her first KC trip. She's younger but I wanted her to experience it.

She was even smarter. As we walked around, she pointed to the people in the parking garages.

So we watched from Level 6 of the Grand Avenue garage and we all could see each car.

I had meticulously planned out the day on Monday but their observations and suggestions truly made it great.

My inherent knowledge of the city kept me out of traffic jams (park in West Bottoms north of 670 and take the James St Bridge to get to KCK, stay off 70, 35 and 29). We didn't sit in one delay while everyone else did.

Their suggestions led to a great sight line and, later, meeting half the damn team.

My lessons from 1985 linger. Never assume another title run will be coming up soon. Never.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That is an awesome pic above. Amazing.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The overhead shot....

So that's what we missed after the parade. The start of the parade was about 1.5 miles from the setting of the rally (the overhead shot).

As we approached Main and 20th, I turned a corner and we saw about 100,000 people a half mile away.

At that point, the three of us agreed to go get lunch instead of the rally. While eating my barbecue, the idea to catch the busses at Kauffman after the rally came up.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If mlb did it, I'm kinda surprised there's not a profile of the Gateway arch in it ... #stillbitterabouttheDallasthing

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted