1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Insufferaball.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If it ends in a way that would ruin Cardinals fans' lives for 25 years again, I'm OK with it.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Odd timing. I wonder if he is getting ahead of an embarrassing story that is about to hit.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I like an all-wild card World Series of Pirates-Astros. Also known as the World Series Fox Executives Dream About ... ;)

Obviously this doesn't apply to most here, but without cable TV at home and my newspaper-tastic work schedule, I find it harder and harder to follow the baseball playoffs each year. Even on my rare nights off, I can't watch any of the games at home this year until (maybe) the first Sunday in November.

I guess there's always radio :D

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Has to be.

Confident he'll beat the disease though. Winners win!

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I really want to root for the Cubbies but jeez after last year I feel so bad for the Pirates; they've been to the WC three years in a row now and such a gorgeous ballpark. Somehow, I think the Mets keep it even while Grienke/Kershaw are in the game and they pull it out; the Dodgers have only one Justin Turner and they need more of his kind to win in the playoffs (really impressed with Seager though). Similar to the Tigers last year, it seems that teams with stud aces but holes elsewhere get exposed.

In the AL, I'm rooting for Astros over NYY, then a Royals/Blue Jays tilt for the WS.

Its going to be Pirates over Blue Jays.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Maybe more details about to come out from that nightclub dustup in Toronto?

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm sure the NY Post NYDN will play this one straight, considering the sensitivity of the situation. :)

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

No, you want that to happen in the 7th game of the NLCS.

As well known as the 107 year drought back to 1908 is, it's almost more impressive to me that they haven't even been to a World Series in 70 years. Every other NL team in existence in 1945 has been to the Series at least 3 times, I believe. Let's keep the Series appearance drought going to if we can.

Although, I do think we're likely to both go by the wayside in the next few years, if not this year.

And if I'm the Cubs, I'm having any descendants I can find of Orval Overall, Mordecai Brown, Frank Chance, Johnny Evers, et al. throw out the first pitch for any playoff game. Any connection I can establish back with 1908, I'm going to try and milk that karma and hope it rubs off on the current Northside edition.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Just think how great/horrible it would be if the Cubs finally get back to the World Series,
    then lose it in gut-wrenching fashion and then don't get back there again for decades.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Amazing that's even a possibility, considering that as recently as 2012 they were playing late-September games in which they were a combined 60 games out of first place.

Draft saved Draft deleted