1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

All of them.

Armchair_QB likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Maddon is actually thinking about letting Clayton Richard start so he can get to 43 innings.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That would be the over-under. The collective asshole tightening of that particular group has to be off the charts. At least the percentage that actually follows the game.

Liut likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

God I hope they lose on Wednesday.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No, no, no. I want the Cubs to get to Game 7 of the World Series and blow a 5-run lead in the ninth.

I Should Coco and bigpern23 like this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

As a fan of them. ... Tanaka doesn't bother me here. Last 2 months of the season he was pretty reliable. He was getting deep into games and doing well enough to give them a chance to win. I think he'll be fine. The bigger problem is that Keuchel totally blanked them this season. You can throw the ghost of Christy Mathewson out there and if Keuchel blanks them again, it is going to be useless. It's setting up with Severino as their Game 1 starter if they do get through the WC. That is probably more inexperience than they will be comfortable with, but I don't know what other choice they will have.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

AL WC- Yanks over Stros
    ALDS- BlueJays over Rangers; Royals over Yankees
    ALCS- Royals over BlueJays

NL WC- Cubs over Pirates
    NLDS- Cubs over Cardinals; Mets over Dodgers
    NLCS- Cubs over Mets

WS- Royals over Cubs

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how insufferable a Royals Cards world series would be.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Rangers might have some pointers for them ...

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Tanaka was awesome for most the stretch run, but his first start back after they skipped his turn was worrisome. I guess I have to take it at face value that if he says he's 100 percent, then he'll be as good as we expect.

As for Keuchel, at least the Yankees get to face him at home. He's been unbeatable in Houston and mediocre on the road, so if they're going to beat him, home is where they'd rather be. Even though Yanks only managed a run against him at the Stadium earlier this season, Nova never gave them a chance in that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted