1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

And the stripes. Bright neon with stripes is especially bad.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Didn't see that coming at all. I thought he'd hang around one more year to see the full fruits of his labors with a seasoned team that is supposed to be really good next season. I guess money talks.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And he and Koetter go way back. They were on the Jacksonville Jaguars staff together under Jack Del Rio.

If Monken wanted to coach in the NFL, he wasn't likely to get a better opportunity.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Poor Southern Miss. Hopefully they don't go back in the shitter.

8. albert77

Whoever takes over is going to inherit a veteran team, led by a senior four-year starter at QB, that learned how to win this past season. And if the commits they have come through, they should be OK.

As for Monken's replacement, it's probably going to come down to current DC Dave Duggan or Alcorn State HC Jay Hopson. Promoting Duggan would provide continuity from the 2015 staff; Hopson has history at Southern and has done a pretty bang-up job at Alcorn. They can't afford a long, drawn-out search with Signing Day just 9 days away.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Monken will do very well in the NFL.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm typing this...but Southern Miss should hire Cowboys WR coach Derek Dooley; he's been known to achieve .500 records for mid-major schools in that neck of the woods.

11. albert77

Southern Miss' expectations are a good deal higher than a .500 record in Conference USA. That's what got Jeff Bower run off in 2007 after 17 seasons.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Do they even make bright yellow pants?

Draft saved Draft deleted