1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 College Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 28, 2015.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Pshaw. College football starts today in Batesville, Ark., when Lyon College hosts Tabor in the first game played in 64 years or when Lyon was known as Arkansas College. Kickoff is in 50 minutes.

She's on the board and we're proud season ticket holders.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Back on the 2014 carousel thread, I said I really thought the Jayhawks should go after Bob Stitt. Still looking like a really good suggestion after Montana knocks off NDSU.
    (I have no knowledge if Kansas tried or not.)

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Have a feeling that won't be the only time NDSU and Montana meet this year.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I kinda wanted KU to go after Willie Fritz, but I think Beaty was a good hire. He was left shit for this hear though.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. Once they get past the opener, it's good teams and they're at Iowa State this year.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Only time I can remember somebody getting within six weeks of the season's start and getting whacked was Butch Davis at UNC in 2011. They let him represent the school at the ACC Kickoff and axed him the following week. Fascinating timing on which I still haven't heard an explanation.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Davis, like Bo Pellini, is the kind of guy you might normally think would be interested in Illinois, but since they're whacking their current coach due to alleged off-field violations, they can't even consider anybody with even a hint of any similar transgressions.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know where you go if you're Illinois. It is a program in need of an identity.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Supposedly the Illinois administration is digging hard to determine what connection, if any, interim HC Cubit may have had with certain alleged violations similar to or related to Beckmann's transgressions.

Which, of course, if any are found, Cubit will have to be fired on the spot too. Which raises the spectre of Cubit having to be fired at some unknown point during the season, maybe one week, maybe six weeks, maybe 12 weeks into the schedule.

And if the violations were systemic and prevalent in the entire program (such as pressuring players to ignore injuries ), it's certainly possible every person on the staff would have been involved in some way.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Zooker II.
    He's rested. He's ready.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe Illinois can get Favre on loaner from USCe, to get him some game experience before he takes over for the Ol' Ball Corch next season?*

*Rumor dejour in SECLand.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, he does have those two seasons as a volunteer high school offensive coordinator under his belt.

That said, he's as qualified to coach an SEC team as Walt Weiss was the manage the Rockies.

Draft saved Draft deleted