1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015-16 College Hoops Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 11, 2015.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

How many college hoops degenerates stayed up all night to watch the games?

exmediahack likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As of yesterday afternoon, I was going to......but a plate of Mexican food and a few cold beers interrupted my viewing plans.

I've said this before, but for all of the stupid shit ESPN does, this is one of the coolest.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Circus, I think the Hoos will be just fine. They've lost to mid-majors on the road early in seasons and figured it out. I really think Jack Salt is going to develop into a guy that gives them nice depth and a real banger underneath.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I like Salt, but when they travel to Duke and Chapel Hill, he'll have four fouls before the bus pulls away from JPJ. It also looks like he's got some adjustments to make to the speed of the college game.

I'm hopeful that either he or Isaiah Wilkins can turn into that Mitchell/Atkins defensive type. Neither is close at this point. I do have faith in Bennett to get the most out of the team, but I think the ceiling has to be adjusted unless someone shows they can play that role.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I just watched a rebroadcast of Alabama-Dayton. Is Alabama supposed to be this bad?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Let's just say it's a good thing football season often extends to mid-January and baseball season starts in early February.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was up at 5 am watching while I made breakfast for everyone.

Fascinating to watch, especially for over/unders.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How much does Duke and Kentucky get paid for playing in Chicago on a school night in the middle the fall semester?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Picked 13th in a 14-team league, no double-digit scorers returning, going uptempo with a roster of limited athletes who can't hit ocean from beach ... yeah pretty much. Although I thought they'd at least keep it under 20.

10. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

I didn't get any. What did you make?

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Egg whites and bratwursts.

Served with Northern Iowa and the points.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Your friendly fact checker at your service!

Jake_Taylor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted