1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2014 NHL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jun 14, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ducks did very, very well.

Canucks got taken.

2. dprince57

dprince57 Member

Canucks also deal Jason Garrison, who was a hot commodity a year or two ago but pretty lousy in Vancouver, for a draft pick to Tampa. Canucks have opened some cap room if nothing else.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wow.

Does anyone know a site that lists all the names of potential free agents for this summer?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Try google

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Will any goaltenders get picked in the first round?

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I do wish they would do the draft more like the NFL and NBA. Just give the pick to the commissioner on a card and let the commissioner announce it. No need to have 10 people walk to the stage for every single pick.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Shouldn't. It's becoming like NFL Running backs

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It's a pretty important position on any team.

Granted, it's hard to guess how any of these guys will develop in 3-4 years. Not too many play in the NHL right away.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's the point. Look at where the best goalies in the league were drafted.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Didn't see the television coverage last night but am I safe in assuming Sam Bennett's fall to Calgary elicited comparisons to Seth Jones last year?

From what little I've read and seen, seems the Flames picked up a potentially superior two-end center. Certainly remains to be seen if he makes the club out of this year's camp but Bennett appears to be gritty, yet highly skilled.

EDIT: Did the Katz kid appear on stage AGAIN this year? ::)

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Tim Murray said last week if it's late in the draft and you decide to take a goaltender, just snare the highest-rated European on your board.

EDIT - now I see four have been taken early in the second round.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted