1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2014-15 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 13, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Derrick Rose, Derrick Rose, Derrick Rose ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bulls-derrick-rose-comments-20141112-column.html

On why he's taking it easy -- you might have thought it was to be strong for the playoffs. Oh but no.

“I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball,’’ Rose said, “having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to. I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my (2-year-old) son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past.’’

Derrick Rose: All In For U.S. Senate 2032

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

he is saving his energy for his next contract. The Rose brothers want a max contract

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Can't read the full story on Rose because I'm on my phone but do not have a problem with the quoted part.

Doesn't say he's dogging it, just that he is careful. I don't know what hot takes this will generate but Nash was praised for being honest about sticking around for the cash, wonder if the same people will admire Rose's honesty.

4. heyabbott

Any foul in the last minute of game by a team down by 7 points or less, should be presumed to be intentional. The fouled team should get the free throws and the ball

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Sitting because you have sprained ankles is not "taking it easy". Otherwise, pretty dumb of Derrick to say, but I don't know if I'd read too much into it. He's a dedicated player with a much higher on-court IQ than off-court IQ, to put it nicely.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Games that include the Celtics are hitting the over 85.7% of the time this year.
    Games that include the Rockets are hitting the under 85.7% of the time this year.

Just an FYI to those who care about such trends.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What about games in which Howard is a stud galore in the final 4 minutes?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Nothing, just alluding to a long-ago post about NBA players and such.

Thanks for the over/under stat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, but Derrick, the Bulls are paying you 18 million a year right now....

11. heyabbott

Umm, but Chicago, that money is guarenteed. I need to get my next contract

12. Songbird

Mavs 45, Sixers 10

Draft saved Draft deleted