1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2012 NFL coaches carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

My point.

Tampa = cheap.

But you knew that.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

More than a few whispers the neckbeard Glazer is broke from his soccer adventure.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I wonder if Manning thinks any of those situations are any worse than most of the years he was with the Colts. My suspicion is that Manning believes he pretty much singlehandedly dragged a loser franchise to the playoffs every year. And after this year that is hard to disagree with.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

For whatever I think about his credentials, Schiano has come off in Tampa as a man of class. This story certainly helps that impression: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1212920.ece

Major props to him for sticking by Eric LeGrand and his family after LeGrand was paralyzed in a 2010 game.

5. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

With Schiano at the helm, Rutgers had the highest APR in Division 1 Football, ran a very clean program and I can't remember a single incident in terms of arrests or players behaving badly, while there.

Now, whether his methods will work with millionaire professionals as well as they did with college kids remains to be seen. But on the surface, he's a good fit for a young Bucs team that is in great need of maturity and guidance.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Peter King is reporting that Schiano might hire Butch Davis on his staff. There's a piece of coaching flotsam we haven't heard from in a while.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12031/1207200-100.stm

Mike Tomlin interviewed Todd Haley for the Steelers offensive coordinator job. Given the dislike many on here have for him and for the Steelers, that does seem like a good match. Also, Haley is from Pittsburgh and is the son of Dick Haley, a former personnel director for the organization. Can't say I love it, but he's a better option than the other guy they interviewed, Jim Caldwell.

The Steelers also held on to linebackers coach Keith Butler, who is expected to eventually replace Dick LeBeau as defensive coordinator.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12031/1207071-66.stm

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ruskell out in Chicago. Good to see the scrubbing continue.

Draft saved Draft deleted