1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does Bob Knight look and sound like shit? Last night during the halftime interview, I could really tell he's not aged very well.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Love how the General has Michigan State Green on for Coach Rat's milestone win.

3. MileHigh

Jesus this is an ESPN wet dream with Krzyzewski. The hugs and flowers with Knight. Digger slapping him on the back. Reese Davis introducing the NCAA president. Interview with Katz. Dukie V. somewhere on the floor among the photographers on his knees.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's a visual I did not need.

5. MileHigh

It's been Dukie V's and ESPN's position the past three decades.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Coach K is a tremendous coach. Maybe even the greatest ever. But the sainthood bestowed on him by ESPN and many others in the media is uncalled for, especially in light of what JoePa got exposed for at Penn State.

7. sportbook

sportbook Member

I really don't think it's a beer. I've know Coach Knight for a long time and he's never been a drinker. His favorite was always coke and lemonade mixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. MileHigh

It was a joke. Probably Snapple.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What does he have against Arnold Palmer?

What's a coke with lemonade? A Tiger Woods? John Daly?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Imagine if Coach K ever pulls a JoePa. Just two weeks ago, they were counterparts to basically held in the same esteem. Leaders. Academics. Family. All that.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think 95% of North Carolina thinks K's assistants are sons of bitches, but not those types of sons of bitches.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Vitale just told the exact same story twice in about five minutes. Shulman humored him as he told it a second time.

Draft saved Draft deleted