1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

/fixed by an airplane geek

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

My top 25:

1. UNC
    2. Kentucky
    3. Ohio St.
    4. U Conn
    5. Syracuse
    6. Duke
    7. Florida
    8. Pittsburgh
    9. Louisville
    10. Memphis
    11. Baylor
    12. Kansas
    13. Xavier
    14. Wisconsin
    15. Alabama
    16. Arizona
    17. Vanderbilt
    18. Gonzaga
    19. California
    20. Florida St.
    21. Michigan
    22. Texas A&M
    23. Cincinnati
    24. Marquette
    25. Missouri

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sean McDonough and Bill Raftery at 7 in the morning (West Coast)? What's not to like?

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

They didn't pull it off, but I was impressed with how the Cougs came back against Gonzaga. I believe Gonzaga was up by 20+ in the second half but WAZZU kept fighting, made it a one-possession game in the final minute before losing by 8.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I cover a lot of rural high schools, but could only think of one with a stage at the end.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If she wants to be beholden to her beliefs and her congregation, that's her business. When she start forcing them on her adult child, trying to limiting his potential and severely restricting his horizons, then yes, I think that is scary. A helicopter parent to the extreme.

She still does not sound at all supportive of the path he has decided to take in HIS life, to the point where she openly wishes he were 8-10 years old again so she could still control his every thought and action.

And, it's just not sports. Do you think she would have let him join the chess club, robotics, the band, or any other extracurriculars? I think not.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

bump for Bob Knight's senility

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You'd think with the current Paterno situation ESPN might back off constant deification of coaches, but the Krzyzewski-slurping is just endless. A great man. A truly great man. A man of great greatness. As great as the greatest of the great, etc etc yack yack yadda yadda blah blah.

9. marvinhall05

marvinhall05 New Member

Missed most of the tip-off marathon due to sleep/work, how was it? The State Farm Champions Classic games are on and I think i'll be watching those for the most part and clicking to the marathon during commercials.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As long as Dickie V has a tongue Mikie K will never have a dirty taint.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Bob Knight just drank a beer on air:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did he then do his Harry Carey impersonation?

Draft saved Draft deleted