1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 PGA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Perhaps putting last week in his rear view mirror, Tiger starts off -2 after 2 holes.

But, so does some guy named Marc Leishman.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Tiger's got 3 birds in his first four holes. Tied for the lead.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Chad Millman's excellent betting column on espn.com noted that Tiger was as high as 15-1 to win in Vegas books and props on him making the cut were as low as minus-300. Amazing, considering a year ago (and for many years before) you couldn't find him at 3-to-1 and a prop on him making the cut would be laughable.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Woods looks 100 times better than last week, and not just because he shaved.

I didn't write him off this week, but I'd be pretty surprised if he finishes in the top 10.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

So Tiger must have had a visit from one of his ladies between Firestone and today to get him back on track.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

This looks more like the Tiger of a year ago than the Tiger of a week ago.

7. jrw

jrw Member

Loved the mic'd conversation between Bubba Watson and his caddie on 16. Just another reason why Finchem needs to mic these guys up for the big tournaments.

8. A slumpbuster? (As Mark Grace once put it.) ;D

9. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

So where is Whistling Straits? AP cutlines all say Haven; all the datelines are Sheboygan; and PGA says it's in Kohler.
    They can't all be right.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Technically, it's in Haven, an unincorporated town just north of Sheboygan. The golf course has a Sheboygan mailing address/zip code, so that might be why AP is using Sheboygan. I believe PGA might be using Kohler because the official hotel is the American Club in Kohler, just west of Sheboygan.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

If he gets his driver going ...

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bubba Watson and Rory Mcilroy need to cut their fucking hair and it is clear Vanilla Ice can hit the shit out of the ball but he isn't very clutch and doesn't seem to handle pressure very well.

That's all I got.

Draft saved Draft deleted