1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 21, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It was over in 30 seconds. Even Cyclones fans wished baseball wasn't eliminated from the athletic program.

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I really would like to see a UConn-Baylor matchup. Call me crazy, but I think the Bears could give the Huskies fits.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. They might keep it tight early on, but UConn is much deeper than Baylor and I think Geno's strategy out of the gate will be to go after Griner, wear her down and get her in foul trouble.

Of course, first Baylor has to get past Duke tomorrow.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Baylor/Stanford/Duke/Tennessee all suffer from lack of the overall-depth that UConn has. Every player's capable and disciplined for the Lady Huskies.
    Reminds me of Duke men's basketball. Everyone buys in.
    I'd love to see Griner up against them, but I don't think she'd be able to lead the team to a win. It's nice having Mulkey leading the team, along with Barmore behind her and the other seemingly adequate coaches.
    It's just gonna be too, too tough, I think.

NOTE: FSU took care of MSU women today, ending the tops-ever season for Mississippi State. Florida State now tries to tackle UConn.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Three best shots at UConn ... not that all or any of them will get the shot:

-Stanford - Jayne Appel and Co. have enough weapons to keep UConn from making a joke of the matchup.
    -Duke - Enough size, depth and ball-hawking defense
    -Baylor - Outstanding coach in Kim Mulkey and Ms. Griner

Florida State is a quality bunch, but Iowa State wasn't chopped liver and the Huskies destroyed the Cyclones.

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I'm probably going to expire as a result of this OU-ND game. It was nice knowing all of you.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

UConn would win that game by 35 -- 45 if Geno Auriemma is in a bad mood.

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

You'll get that matchup now because Baylor beat Duke in a truly horrible game tonight.

9. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Baylor had no business winning, and that's a sign of good teams. They pulled out a game when it mattered and they didn't play so well, save for a few clutch plays down the stretch. Duke lost that game.

I still stand by statement that Baylor can give UConn some trouble. Mind you, if I was a betting man, I'd go with the Huskies. But Baylor will be no easy out.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

But wait a minute - that is assuming that Connecticut can get by Florida State......[/yes, I've been drinking]

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

If Baylor plays like it did tonight, it wouldn't give UConn's bench any trouble. Duke lost that game tonight as much as Baylor won it.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

You don't think Geno is going have his girls roughing up Griner just a little to see if they can get her to lose it again and throw another punch?

Draft saved Draft deleted