1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No. 11 seed Arkansas-Little Rock beats Georgia Tech 63-53 in the first round. Go Sun Belt!

2. VictoryGallop

VictoryGallop Member

This thread doesn't appear to be running very fast. (Our local teams never made it in...)

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Hakeem Olajuwon's daughter and Ben Roethlisberger's sister play for Oklahoma. That's all I got.

(And if a men's game had a 11 upsetting a 6 even after failing to make a field goal in the last 12 1/2 minutes, how much attention would that 11 seed be getting right now?)

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Hasn't Connecticut won this damn thing yet?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

UConn won this thing before it ever started. But some team will be happy to reach the final and get beat by 25.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

The day after the final, UConn will split its squad and play the real championship game.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cut the thread a break. It's got a torn ACL.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Fixed.

I bet ESPN is salivating at the thought of a Tennessee/UConn match-up.

9. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I shot both of the games in Norman last night. That's a long time to be sitting cross-legged on a wooden floor.

That's all I got.

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Or Baylor-UConn. I'd like to see how the Huskies attack Griner, and vice versa. Could be pretty intriguing.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um, wouldn't recent events suggest that Griner would be the one attacking the Huskies?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Because we know what Brittney Griner does, UConn will naturally counterpunch.

It's been fairly interesting. Gail Goestenkors is doing herself no favors getting Texas bounced outta there early. Didn't pay her that kind of scratch to succeed Jody Conradt to do that.

Nice win by Gonzaga over Texas A&M, and Duke held off pesky LSU.

But will anyone have much of anything for UConn? Stay Tuned ...

Draft saved Draft deleted