1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Just looked at a Web site and saw the headline: Tiger finishes day with a 68
    Whew, what if he was one shot worse??

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Is it just me or is anyone else a little bothered by the fact that some great stories (Watson, Couples, Mickelson) are getting lost in the Tiger hoopla?

Yes, I agree that Woods'c comeback is the biggest story of the year --- except of course Sidney Crosby's golden goal at the Olympics -- so I'm going with a dual Masters lead.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I believe you have to call it "the second nine" this week.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One of Wood's best clubs today was the tree iron. He got several fortuitous bounces on errant drives that saved him about four strokes.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I almost always refer to the back nine as the "back side" just in case the guys at Augusta National are sitting around reading my golf stories online.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No question they're flat-soled shoes. Eccos, perhaps?

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it helps his back, which has ailed him forever. Probably the only reason he didn't win a bunch more tournaments in his younger days.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you want to compare golf with football and basketball, then let the fans cheer at golf while the action is going on. When you and your thug caddy demand quiet and then yell out cuss words, yes, there is a difference.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Woods turned a 63 into 68 in Round 1.

Couldn't make a putt to save his life.

CBS has to be orgasmic over the possibilities of this tournament; How about a (potential) final two pairings of Woods, Couples, Mickelson, Watson come Sunday afternoon?

Eureka.

9. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

With all due respect Old Tony, I referred to miking the sidelines so that viewers at home with the fragile sensibilities could get the same experience as fans close to the action at the event. Please don't tell me how crowd noise drowns out the obscenity laced rantings of coaches and players on sidelines for those fans -- particularly kids -- fortunate enough to be close to the unfiltered action. I've been in this business too long.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Golly, what a clever response. At least it's one I've never heard before. Oh wait....

Poor fellas. Tiger says he's gonna try to stop and he doesn't. Ruined my life, too. What will we ever do?

11. Crash

Crash Active Member

I can't wait til he wins, just 'cause it's going to piss off so many of you.

12. Kind of jumping the gun a bit ...

Of the guys you listed, I'll bet only one is within three strokes of the leader by Sunday morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted