1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Reward him with hookers, he'll be in it til Monday.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's fair, he should have never said he'd change anything about the way he acts on the golf course.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Now that is something that will never change.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think we're all in agreement there. It doesn't bother me when a golfer gets mad, but it's worth mentioning in the broadcast, whether it's criticized or not.

5. Tirico post-round interview with him going on as we speak.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Did he just compare himself to Ben Hogan?

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, Hogan was something of a nasty little prick too, no?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Boo-freaking-hoo.

He's done that for the last 20 years. You expect him to stop immediately, just like that? Ain't gonna happen.

That angle is about the least interesting thing to come out of today's first round.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Junkie, ever read "Chester Forgets Himself," one of the P.G. Wodehouse golf stories? It's about cussing on the course, it's also, as are all his golf stories, hilarious. If you haven't, check it out, as it pretty much defines my opinion on the topic.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't know what to tell you. You have high expectations. I bet you're the kind of guy who'd bitch and moan if he stopped showing emotion when he sinks a 50-foot eagle putt for the win, too.

As long as he's not dropping F bombs, I got no problem with it.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Golly, me too. Especially after he went on the teevees and said he'd behave on the course.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Tiger still acts as though he's the first golfer in history not to hit it where he wants to.

Hey Tiger, here's a news flash: You're not perfect, even on the golf course. Learn to deal with it like the rest of us do.

Draft saved Draft deleted