1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I know it won't last, but I love seeing Bernhard Langer near the top of the leaderboard.

And Woosnam's playing like he's had a few pre-round cocktails: +5 through five holes.
  2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Langer now atop the leaderboard at -2, along with Tom Watson. More old guy heroics in a major this week perhaps?

Woozy now +7 thru 7.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Make it -3 for Langer.

BTW, the Masters website rocks. Click on a leader and their scorecard comes up, and some birdies and good pars have a yellow square around them- click the square and get video. Beautiful.
  4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's always been great. This year, better than ever.
  5. playthrough

I was about to say that newspapers could take a cue from that site, but they really couldn't- no advertising at masters.org, save for the tiniest corporate logos in the corners.
  6. John

John Well-Known Member

I came here for the sole purpose of bragging about the wonderful simplicity of the Masters' new and improved site.

And I'd love to see Kim win this week.
  7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yeah, I just got done watching Amen Corner Live, with 15 and 16 on PIP mode. Ballsy, to say the least. Good to see Tom Watson chugging along, too. Itd be even better to see him play the weekend.
  8. Yeah, I was about to say 1980 called and wants its Masters back. ;D

OK, I know it's early but still, fun stuff.
  9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm having to wait until tonight. Damn slow work computer. I'll have to remember my personal laptop tomorrow so I can pirate some wifi.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lots of panting and breathlessness on ESPN, waiting for Tiger's first tee shot -- complete with countdown clock.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Oh, and Tom Watson at 4 under through 16.
  12. playthrough

I missed it by a minute...did he hit and then fall over sideways like Ty Webb?
Draft saved Draft deleted