1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I didn't want to start one of these, but I needed some help.
    I'm in a 10-team, 5-player keeper (no more than two at one position) draft. Since my team sucked, I only kept three, which meant I got to predraft two players.
    I took Miles Austin with my first pick because the guy who predrafted in front of me took Beanie Wells, so he has to take a WR, as does the guy who picks in front of me in the final round of the predraft.
    After that confusing mess, I'm in a spot where I can draft either an RB or TE.
    Best available TE (provided he doesn't get taken) is Antonio Gates.
    Basically all the top RBs are gone (predrafters cannot take rookies), so I'm looking at: Ronnie Brown, Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, Joseph Addai and Marion Barber.
    There is one more predraft position after I choose, then the real draft starts. I pick third and I want to take Ryan Matthews, but I have a feeling he'll be gone.

2. Yeesh, not a lot to grab at RB, but I'd take Addai in that Colts offense. I know Donald Brown will steal much of his thunder, but Addai's still good for 8-10 TDs and over 1,000 yards from scrimmage.

Don't know what's still out there at TE, but I'd venture that there's at least one available that will put up top 15 stats at the position.

3. Rhody, if I were you, I'd pick up a stud like Maurice Clarett or Lawrence Phillips.

By the way, you know the people drafting ahead of you also read this message board ;D

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Charles is getting a lot of pub this season, I think he may be the fit. I'm not sold on Addai anymore, Brown is going to take the load this season.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Of that group, I like Charles. But depending on your RB situation, Gates could work great too.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Amazed Miles Austin wasn't kept. What receivers did the guy who had Austin keep?

Anyway, we need to see your entire roster. Who are your other three players?

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Rivers
    Ochocino
    Brandon Jacobs

I just drafted Miles Austin. My team blows and I hate fantasy football

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Gates

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Um, not to steal Rhody's Thunder, but if someone starts a league on here can someone shoot me a message on facebook? I try to get on the site everyday but I'm going to be crazy busy with our store's remodel for the next couple of weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted