1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010-11 BKC thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

Tennessee wins the NIT, ensuring Bruce Pearl keeps his job a while longer.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Love K-State's non-conference schedule this season, and I wish KU could play Duke, North Carolina or Kentucky on a consistent basis. The Jayhawks do play UCLA all the time, but they need more marquee matchups. Playing the Pac-10 only goes so far these days.

Also, KU beat Ohio U. -- the team that's supposed to win the MAC this season -- 98-41 tonight. Bobcats went 0 for 18 on 3-pointers and got hot down the stretch to shoot 23.7 percent from the field. I'm guessing Arizona will provide a much better challenge tomorrow night.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Cal scored five points in the first half against Notre Dame, yet only lost by 13.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Good luck to Butler staying ranked after losing to Ace Purple in OT.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Suck it, Bubbler.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Haven't watched a lot of games yet (still entrenched in football mode), but it's awesome on some level to flip on a Fox College Sports channel and catch some of the action from South Padre Island or Anchorage. Two random teams, like BYU and Texas Tech, playing each other on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving in a high school or juco gym with about 300 people in attendance. It's just surreal.
    These tournaments cannot seriously be making money once the guarantees are paid out, can they?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always just find it funny how Chaminade comes out into the sports world every year for a week, then crawls back into obscurity.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Purdue goes on the road and gets a Spider bite.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Someone tell me what the hell Missouri is doing playing Georgetown at the Sprint Center in KC?

This would be like KU going on the road and playing in St.Louis.

Them and GTown putting on a hell of a show; 91-87 Mizzou with :40 left.

now 94-94 going to OT.

GTown wins 111-102 in OT.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Chef, pretty sure that Mizzou, KU and K-State all get games at the Sprint Center because they want to get more fans in the Kansas City area. K-State is playing UNLV later this month and I'm sure that KU also has a game there.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Watched this whole game, then bailed 91-87 for Jon Stewart.

Me = fail

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Chef, wtf happened?

Draft saved Draft deleted