1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010-11 BKC thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think they're starting earlier so they can get in a few tune-up games before the big Thanksgiving tournaments that most of the schools are in now.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Season starts too damn early. Trying to piece together some information for a preview of State U.

At the moment, it consists of "they're young (8 freshmen), slow and white."

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maryland in the process of not winning vs. Charleston. But either way, the Terps still get to advance to New York in this sham tournament, because God forbid ESPN has to showcase a Brand X team any more than necessary.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

6-24.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

At my last job, I did my first basketball season preview in August.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

My Illini are looking good, but they've yet to play any real competition. My favorite college basketball forward for this season will be Southern Illinois forward Mamadou Seck.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Opening Day is too nebulous a concept for college basketball because there are just too many schools that play the sport, all starting at different times, preseason tip-off tournaments, etc. There's just no tidy way to tie all that together or signify it in any meaningful way as an Opening Day.

And EVERYTHING starts too early nowadays. The first dope who brays "pitchers and catchers!" around me in January will become the victim of a hostile act.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I knew I started this thread for a reason.

Kennesaw State 80, Ga Tech 63

Hooty Hoo, bitches!

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ummm, 24 hours of hoops. As we speak. Started about 10 hours ago.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

And Wake Forest lost to Stetson a few days ago. Could it be a down year for the ACC?

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Florida and Ohio State was a good matchup to watch tonight.
    Both will be NCAA tourney teams, I predict.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh great Butler is on television tonight, nothing like watching basketball like it was played in 1950.... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted