1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2009 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 26, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

How are you guys feeling about Parker as a No. 2? In two mock drafts, I've gotten Peterson and Parker as the combo.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Who else was available when you picked him? As I said earlier, it's slim pickins for reliable backs these days. Hell, it could be argued there's only one RB (Peterson) that's a sure thing when you take into account workload and multiple great seasons.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You should have traded one of them, you looser :D

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I tried, but no takers. Won the league anyway.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Next five backs taken were Marion Barber, Ryan Grant, Ronnie Brown, Derrick Ward and McFadden. I took Parker at the very end of the fourth round.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I like Grant, Barber and McFadden better, but that's just me.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I woulda taken Barber, no question. But, then again, I avoid Steelers like the plague.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

First draft tonight. Way early, I know.

In the three slot. Thinking about Forte or MJD. Leaning towards Forte becuase he hasn't had such a big workload the past two years and he should improve with Cutler in Chicago. But, MJD is no longer sharing carries and has an easier handcuff --- well I don't even know if he has a handcuff.

Thoughts?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As a bench RB? Definitely worth a shot. Given his history and the hydra that is the Patriots' running game, I wouldn't rely heavily on him. But as a backup and occasional start or flex guy he's worth a flier.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As for my situation, maybe I'm forgetting how frustrating the Westbrook experience was last year. I was able to snag Buckhalter as a free agent around Week 3 and didn't miss a beat when the inevitable injury happened. And I have a man-crush on Wayne. He's just reliable, and has ended up on my teams most years.
    Picking with my head, I should probably go with Johnson and Ryan.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's what I would go with, Batman.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My draft prep is generally a three-stage process. I like to make my own rankings and tiers, so I start by listing the likely players from each team and go from there.
    Most years you can figure out pretty easily who the top QB, top two RBs and top three WRs will be from each team. Not so much this year. There are some truly craptastic teams out there. And looking at Rotoworld's Average Draft Position rankings (http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?teams=10), there's a lot of new faces littering the top 10.
    I think this is going to be a truly goofy year in a lot of leagues. Definitely a transition year from one generation of players to the next. There's going to be a lot of high-round busts with older players.

Draft saved Draft deleted