1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2009 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Well, if Marshall can score me 40-some points I'll win my game. The Steve Smith is done for me. Done. Been trying to trade him for three weeks now and I guess it's time for him to sit on the pine and hope someone offers me a decent RB. Only reason he's started for me is the hope he'll have a good game. But nope. Fuck.

2. Here's one:
    I could use a running back right now. My starters are Steve Slaton, Brandon Jacobs and I use Fred Jackson in the flex position.

I'm 2-4 in a 12-team league with standard scoring. Someone is offering me Maroney for Anthony Gonzalez, who is probably a couple of weeks away from playing. But I'm weak at WR too as T.O. and T.J. are my starters with Knox in the W/T spot and Bennett and Mike Wallace on the bench.

Seems like a no-brainer of a trade. but what happens if Gonzalez goes off when he returns?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I've got both Tony Gonzalez and Vernon Davis on my team. I can start both (flex spot is W/T), but it seems kind of excessive when I could trade one to upgrade at another position. Which one should I swap? Am I crazy to think about holding on to Davis and dealing Gonzalez because of his likely-higher trade value? Or should I sell high on Davis?

We get .5 PPR, for what it's worth.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm liking Davis, but the QB change in San Fran is something to keep an eye on. He's done most of his damage with Hill at QB. It'll be interesting to see what kind of connection Davis and Smith have.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I need to vent. Lost my game this week to drop to 2-5.
    I lost by five points, mainly because of Westbrook's injury (had him and McNabb).
    Last week, I lost by four.
    Week before that, I scored 160 points and lost.
    Week before that, I lost by six.
    Why the hell do I play this game again?

6. Big Circus

Oh well - I didn't even wait to get advice. I'm swapping Davis with Kevin Smith, Laurence Maroney and Eddie Royal for Anquan Boldin and Thomas Jones.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good lord. Do you rob banks in your spare time, too? That's like trading four nickels for two quarters. Nicely done.

8. Big Circus

Ha...thanks for the props. Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed. The guy I'm trading with had Cooley as his TE, so that may help it go through.

Draft saved Draft deleted