1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 SEC Football Media Days thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rockbottom, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

There won't be 750 here at any one time, but over the course of the week -- with teams coming and going -- it'll be 750. Of course, "Regions Bank" had a media credential last year.

I am keeping tally of the number of questions that start with "Coach, talk about ..." GRRRRRR

rb

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Regions might be the only business having a worse year than the newspaper industry.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean banking or Regions? Because Wachovia is doing far worse than Regions. Of course, Wachovia will have far fewer freeloaders at the Winfrey this week than Regions.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's the daily O/U on that?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

As much as I missed being there this year, I did rather enjoy doing the Southern Conference media day this morning in Greenville, S.C.

In and out in three hours and I got probably more material than I usually did over three days at the Wynfrey. Alas, I did miss my SEC buddies, though. And visiting Dreamland.

6. dixiehack

Wachovia is in a world of hurt too. But I expect The Artists Formerly Known As AmSouth to get bought out and skip LaLa Land in 18 months, tops.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I prefer Archibald's in T-Town, but if you're in Birmingham, there's nothing wrong with some Dreamland.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Big 10 fans and their sense of entitlement needs to be in this conversation.

I owned steel-toe boots and I volunteer.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Having said all that, I do feel obligated to say I not only listen to that show all the time, but that the two clods before him are the biggest idiots in all of this area's talk radio -- and yeah that says a lot. I'd listen to Nancy Grace, Rachael Ray and Erin Andrews -- willingly -- before I'd listen to the boobs around the table....

10. dixiehack

And I'd still rather listen to that than the morning drive dreck that preceeds them. It's one part stupid mixed with two parts audio diabetes.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ding! Correct answer.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Some sportsblab show today was teeing up a foof from Gatornation because he was bitching about his SEC graft...
    Speaking of foof and media days, has there been a Biggens sighting?

Draft saved Draft deleted