1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 SEC Football Media Days thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rockbottom, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Massaquoi in 2007 -- 32 catches, 491 yards, 4 touchdowns, several hilarious drops

Arguably the most overrated player in the conference. Not kidding.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't think it's a stretch to say Georgia could win the East, but I think they could just as easily finish third. That division, like most years, is tough at the top.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't quite get the fascination with Moreno. He's a damn good back, don't get me wrong, but it's not like he's Darren McFadden or Adrian Peterson, to cite two recent stud freshmen RBs (who, keep in mind, were true, not redshirt freshmen).

Moreno's by far the best of a fairly weak crop of SEC backs this year. But that doesn't make him special.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Am I the only person here who wants to see Tebow blow out his knee on the first play of the season?

5. WS

WS Member

His first name is Knowshon. Not only that, he's quick to let you know how great he is after a 6-yard run.

But if his first name was Mike or something like that, he wouldn't get near as much hype.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Nope.

If Mike Moreno rushed for 1,334 yards and 14 touchdowns as a freshman, then he'd be hyped. Just sayin'.

7. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

What an asinine thing to write. Look, the kid is ultra hyped and I agree it gets a little much sometimes, but he seems to have handled all the attention as well as anyone could be expected to. There's nothing to indicate he's anything other a good person and a really good football player. Wishing, even if it's just trying to show how cynical and cool you think you are, for an injury to him is beneath contempt.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Have to agree. Hate the hype, but to wish a serious injury on a college kid kind of makes you sound like a prick.

9. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

edit.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Why people love Knowshon Moreno: Stuff like
    Combination of sick moves and swagger. That was against the same D that completely shut down Florida, just FWIW.

Hammer Pants- MoMass' hilarious drops came in 2006. He was fine when needed in 2007, which was essentially the same gameplan w/r/t Stafford.

Draft saved Draft deleted