1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 SEC Baseball Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Rules of Golf, May 21, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Further jacking? Sounds like a personal issue. :D

Bullshit. Fucker is here, signed on and post-padding. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

I'll pay for a bar tab and 'entertainment' at Sammy's for the scribe that successfully rips the larynx out of every 'WOOOOOOO!!!!'-ing Kentucky fan.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Yeah, no shit, dude. WTF???

First inning and it's already pissin' me off.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Y'all wave to me tommorrow. I'll be the bleary-eyed dad with the 5-year-old in the Fun Zone of the Damned.TM

5. Jesus_Muscatel

It's a quarter after 11, the Confederates and UK are tied at 4, and I'm not sure if, let alone when, this motherfucka is ever gonna end.

6. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

My day is over, I am officially sitting here as a fan boy looser.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Yeah but in the best possible way G.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Wow, nice finish, Rebels ... and in time for our second edition.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Yes, the Johnny Rebs kept tryin' to give it away, three times blowing leads, twice on infield errors ...

Then, trailing 7-6, Logan Power led off with a shap single to center. UK changed pitchers, brought in some guy who threw gas. He struck out Overbeck, who chased everything. Then Michael Guerrero, who had the HR that probably wasn't vs. Georgia, crushed his first pitch for a two-run HR that got out of the park in a hurry, about 20 feet INSIDE the foul pole this time.

The Confederates, obviously, are no longer on the bubble and will make their sixth straight NCAA regional appearance. A flawed team, yes, but one that is startin' to show some sack.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

As a former member of the Confederacy, I must say it makes me proud to see our ball blasters show some sack.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Will be an interesting environment if it's LSU and Ole Miss in the championship game.

Personally, pragmatically, and in the interest of keeping my sanity, I need them both to win in their first shot at the title game.

Rebs made for a long day by blowing it against Vandy last year. By the same token, the was a very strong VU team, that gagged in the regionals.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm, I could arrange for people to do it at the second game tonight...

Draft saved Draft deleted