1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 PGA Championship thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Go John Holmes!

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I would have loved to have heard what was being said in the CBS announcers' headsets after Tiger's drive magically jumped out of that bush on the last playoff hole in 2000. At first, Venturi sounded pretty pissed and Nantz was awkwardly silent. Then it was a whole bunch of "it's inconclusive", followed by "the official down there said nobody touched it" and then it was quickly swept under the rug.

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I think we might be able to chalk up another major for Paddy Harrington. He's gonna just be three behind, and he's on a roll right now. Ben Curtis could hold on, but I don't give Holmes or Stenson too much of a chance with the pressure they'll face this afternoon. And, of course, we all know what Sergio usually does in these situations.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Phil or Toms or somebody go low this afternoon just to make things interesting. I doubt it's going to happen, though.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Boo Weekley is a fucking chump!

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Tiger's Sole Patrol debuted in earnest at that debacle.

One massive advantage he has on Nicklaus.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

It could, John, because a lot of the sting has been taken out of these greens due to the rain we had here yesterday.

For purely selfish and meaningful reasons for my client, I never thought I'd be rooting for Sergio to finally bring one home. Either that or Villegas has to go low again, but even that may not help, because he's got too many people to go over.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Remember the Lawrie!

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You never saw the kid actually do anything to the ball, since he was behind the tree. The Louisville paper tried in vain to find the kid the rest of the afternoon, and never could. Nothing happened "clearly."

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Arnold used to get breaks from fans deflecting balls back into the fairway. But Tiger hasn't benefited from anything to get a "massive advantage" on Nicklaus.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Bullshit.

The major wins at Valhalla and Torrey Pines were TOTALLY a result of that.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Maybe you should call Plaschke and find out if there is a place that cooks up replicas of Tiger's....

Actually, you would already know that.

Draft saved Draft deleted